PCMark Vantage x64 HDD SUITE
In PCMark Vantage the data simply cannot be manipulated, and a result is provided based on the transfer speeds observed in eight simulated user activities. This is a trace based test, several recorded traces of user activity are used to simulate actual usage. This benchmark uses both mixed read/write tests and is a good test for overall performance.
There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
The1882X scores an impressive 135635 points in RAID 0, and comes in with 106646 in RAID 5, which is very impressive. This type of trace-based benchmark really illustrates the performance of the solution, especially when it comes under realistic loading scenarios. Unfortunately many synthetic tests merely show the absolutely best case scenario. In real life, the user may experience something else entirely.
PCMark Vantage is really a superb test for operating system emulation. This demonstrates that the 1882X is extremely capable of handling these types of tasks exceedingly well, even when using RAID 5 with SSDs.