ANVIL STORAGE UTILITIES PROFESSIONAL
Anvil Storage Utilities (ASU) are the most complete test bed available for the solid state drive today. The benchmark displays test results for, not only throughput but also, IOPS and Disk Access Times. Not only does it have a preset SSD benchmark, but also, it has included such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write and mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and use in our benchmark testing.
ASU provides a great confirmation of the performance we have seen thusfar. In fact, we have really never seen such similar high sequential performance consistency when comparing ATTO, AS SSD, Crystal DiskMark and ASU.
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
ANGELBIRD SSD WRK SSD PCMARK VANTAGE RESULTS
The Angelbird wrk 512GB SSD returned a decent Total Score on PCMark Vantage of 76251 points with a high transfer speed of 424MB/s while performing a system startup. This is reflective of those low 4K read and write transfer speeds we initially saw in the ATTO Disk Benchmark.
This chart depicts the Angelbird SSD wrk as it stands in comparison to our top 9 other SSDs to date. It sits in a very healthy sixth spot in the top ten Total Scores we have received yet, remembering that this chart is based solely on PCMark Vantage Total Score results and no other benchmarks.