You may not see this for long (and its definitely not common) but you get a freebee simply for reading! Over the last little while, we have been assisting with beta testing new benchmark software called Anvil Storage Utilities which is an absolutely amazing SSD benchmarking utility. Not only does it have a preset SSD benchmark, but also, it has included such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write and mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and utilize in our benchmark testing.
Anvil Storage Utilities is easily the most all encompassing software available in SSD testing today and goes a step further to fully identify the system and SSD as well. Silicon Power had listed IOPS specifications of 86,000 for the Velox V70 and our result of 88, 608 IOPS betters that while testing at 4k QD16 write access.
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
SP VELOX V70 240GB SSD PCMARK VANTAGE RESULTS
The Velox V70 pulled through Vantage HDD Suite Testing with a Total Score of 68989 points and a high transfer speed of 409MB/s while testing in Media Player. This is an excellent result and places the V70 just behind the Plextor M5S recently reviewed.
Our Vantage HDD Suite Hierarchy Chart shows that the Velox V70 has made it into the top twenty results of all SSDs tested to date: