ANVIL STORAGE UTILITIES PROFESSIONAL
Anvil’s Storage Utilities (ASU) is the most complete test bed available for the solid state drive today. The benchmark displays test results for, not only throughput but also, IOPS and Disk Access Times. Not only does it have a preset SSD benchmark, but also, it has included such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write and mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and use in our benchmark testing.
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed to record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
SAMSUNG 960 EVO NVME SSD RESULTS
Both the 500GB and 2TB capacity Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSDs did very well in PCMark Vantage, displaying Total Scores of 329306 and 322400, consecutively. It was also great to see the 2TB version getting all eight tests above the 1GB/s makrk, while the 500GB version hit 7 of 8 above.