And the winners are – Craig BARTLETT (UK) and Ricardo COOPER (USA). Congratulations and thank you to all those who entered.
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED AND WINNERS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.
Just when we think the holiday season gift basket couldn’t get better, Adaptec (By PMC) pulls off something we thought we would never see. Up for grabs in this holiday giveaway are two of their newest Series 8 ASR-8885 12Gbps RAID Adapters, RAID Cards that are definitely going to be big buck items, however haven’t been released just yet. So…two lucky people will be the first on the planet to have in their hands the first publicly available 12Gbps RAID Adapter…before it is publicly available!
Check out our review of the Adaptec (By PMC) ASR-8885 12Gbps RAID Adapter
This is A GLOBAL GIVEAWAY and only those 18 years and older at the time of the entry are eligible. Residents of the Province of Quebec are not eligible and Canadian residents must complete a skill testing question to be awarded the prize should they be selected. Commercial enterprises and business entities, employed members of Essentially Tech Media Corporation (excluding volunteer Forum moderators) and PMC, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and The SSD Review’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to a Promotion.
This giveaway is valid from 9:00am on 14 December 2013 and closes at 1:00 pm 31 December 2013. Two contest entries will be randomly drawn and person listed on that ballot contacted within 7 days. They have 36 hours to respond before their entry disqualified and another drawn. Only after all eligibility criteria is confirmed and applicable rules are complied to, will the winner be confirmed by The SSD Review. The winner will be named in this contest thread within 14 days of the contest close.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the contest, one must post a comment below and then click on the Adaptec (By PMC) SASHD banner just above this print. Complete the e-mail with the contest Title as the subject heading and provide your real name, e-mail address, age and country of residence. The SSD Review is not responsible for e-mail that is not received as it was blocked through SPAM control mechanisms as the sender’s IP is listed within a SPAM control database. If your entry is returned, it is your responsibility to ensure it reaches our e-mail at Contests@thessdreview.com to be eligible. There is absolutely NO NECESSITY to complete any of the additional chances to win.
ADDITIONAL CHANCES TO WIN
In addition to the MANDATORY first entry rule above, a person may increase their opportunity by doing one or more of the following and e-mailing confirmation of having done so.
CHANCE 2 – Follow us on Twitter or Like Our FaceBook Page ;
CHANCE 3 – Follow Adaptec on Twitter or Like Their Facebook Page;
CHANCE 4 – Join Our Forums and comment on the Contest Thread.
If you complete any of the additional ballot entries, it is necessary that you e-mail proof of EACH additional entry (separate e-mails) to: Contests@thessdreview.com. Be sure to include the link or a screen shot as verification. If you have earned all four chances, you would have submitted four separate e-mails and this to keep drawing purposes very easy as the folded e-mails are simply being drawn from a box.
TERMS AND REGULATIONS
- SHIPPING AND RECEIPT – Shipping fees and insurance are the responsibility of the contest winner and they will be afforded the opportunity to arrange their own shipping, with insurance, prior to transport. If no alternate shipping and insurance is identified, the item will be shipped from Adaptec (By PMC) and a tracking number provided. Item loss during shipping is not the responsibility of Adaptec (By PMC) or The SSD Review.
- LIMITS OF ENTRY – Ballot opportunities may be increased through participation. Only one ballot entry may be made for each ballot method identified and more than one ballot in any of the identified methods WILL result in the person’s disqualification from this giveaway. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited.
- PRIZES – Winning a gift, prize, or other promotional item (a “Prize”) in a Promotion is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Rules. Winners will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries received post Promotion Period. The SSD Review will notify Prize winners using the contact information provided in the winning entry. Failure to claim a Prize by the time or in the manner specified in the particular Promotion will invalidate any claim to the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. The odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received by The SSD Review. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ARE NOT EXCHANGEABLE FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SSD REVIEW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- For this Promotion, 2 entries will be selected for and the drawing is a global draw. The e-mail on that entry will be notified within 7 days and, only after all rules and regulations have been verified, each will receive a Adaptec (By PMC) ASR-8885 12Gbps RAID Adapter. The Total U.S. Retail Value of the ASR-8885 is unknown at time of publishing. The Grand Prize may not be substituted for cash. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize. After the Grand Prize winner has been validated and notified and has complied with all applicable Rules, The SSD Review will post the Grand Prize winner’s name on this website.
- PUBLICITY – The winner of a Promotion agrees to allow The SSD Review to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- GENERAL TERMS – Any failure by an entrant, including any prize winner, to comply with any of the Rules or the Site’s Terms, Conditions and Privacy Information may result in disqualification from the Promotion. All entries, whether they are eligible entries or ineligible entries, are the exclusive property of The SSD Review. The SSD Review is not responsible for any typographical errors in the Rules or in any other communication surrounding a Promotion or for any technical malfunction or error relating to the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to amend or interpret the Rules at any time, upon published notice to participants on its website. Promotion participants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless The SSD Review and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability regarding the Promotion, including any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) regarding the use or misuse of any Prize, any event beyond The SSD Review’s control resulting in the disruption, cancellation, or postponement of the receipt of the Prize, or any typographical errors or technical malfunctions associated with the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it, in its sole discretion, determines (i) to be in violation of the Rules, (ii) submitted by fraud or by tampering with the entry process, or (iii) contains inaccurate or fraudulent information. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT SUCH AN ATTEMPT OCCURS, THE SSD REVIEW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
thx again to TSSDR & Adaptec
Thx 4 this is all i can say 😉
TSSDR & Adaptec thanks you for the great give away !
first the LSI contest and now this..you spoil us terribly.
Thanks a bunch.
Happy to enter 🙂
Thanks for another awesome giveaway!
Awesome news, thanks to The SSD Review and Adaptec.
Christmas in January please!
sure hope to win this incredible SSD!
Thanks for the opportunity 🙂
Definitely looking forward to giving these a spin. Adaptec had fallen behind in high-end HBA’s and RAID cards recently. Good to see a comeback in the works.
This will just fit in the stocking………
Looking forward to this.
Thanks Les, just for the chance
Just started to look at raid adapters for my system. This would be a handy introduction to get! Thanks for the chance!
This would be excellent in my server.
What I would give to be able to afford something like this.
Pretty nice card to giveaway.
Very nice price! Thank you!
Nice, another giveaway!
So many goodies, you are spoling us!!!
someone is going to be very happy this Christmas!
Fantastic performance – well done Adaptec
Very versatile with 16 ports as a holiday giveaway!
count me in
All I can say is WOW !!!
Another amazing contest, wow Les!
The last time I used a RAID card that wasn’t permanently attached to the motherboard was back in the SCSI days. Talk about an epic upgrade! Thanks SSDR and PMC for an excellent contest!
Great giveaway, as always!
Another great giveaway!
Another global giveaway … awesome !
hope to win
Entered the giveaway. Thanks.
Another great gift – Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the giveaway 😀
Good luck everyone, I’m in.
hmmmm this SSD would make my puter really fly…thnx for the opportunity to enter
Sub’d for this!?
I love this giveaway, count me in please
Wow, I’m in for this one! Fantastic giveaway and another great potential addition to my evolving rack infrastructure in the basement!
would love to get 1 🙂
in to win!
Hmmm…a RAID adapter as an explosive mass storage add-on to my rig!!!
Thank you TSSDR and Adaptec!!! Good luck to every member !!!
I’m really surprised, is a big prize!
More power. More reviews please. 🙂
Great! Thanks for the chance!
Thanks again guys
Worth a try again
Awesome! Thanks and good luck!
Nice givaway ! THX
These speeds are SF for a consumer with HDD thet run 100/50 MB/s W/R speeds!
I continue to enjoy free things
Fun for days!
Monsters of performance!
4 Holiday contest? Great thank to Crucial, and this site!
Oh man. What if……………..?
Great holidays, methink. For techgeek such giveaways like a music.
What a fat card! I’m in!
Could definitely use one of these in the next build!
What a great device, hope to win it 🙂
Great giveaway from great guys
Contests are getting better each time
This would be a great upgrade to my file server.
This is our destiny, Marie! 🙂
wow.. really nice!!
wow… really nice!!!
Thanks and merry Christmas! 🙂
Could use another RAID adapter for my server 😀
What an amazing upgrade this would make to my Windows Server!
count me in
Wow! Great giveaway! Thanks!
Good luck to everyone! But I hope I win 😉
Thanks for the opportunity to up grade my 6805. Adaptec was in transition and so was the controller.
Happy holidays all!
Another great Givaway
Again, should I really pass this up? NOPE! Good luck everyone
wouldn’t mind one
Awesome, thank you!
Awesome piece of equipment! If I win this I will HAVE TO start using raid setup in my pc.
I need one badly. Merry Christmas everyone!
Awesome give away!
I want one for my new business. Merry Christmas!
Awesome prizes, hope to win one!
Awesome prize – hope I win 🙂
awesome, hope to receive!
great contest, semper fidelis!
This site is awesome!
Amazing site and amazing prizes.
hope to win
Think its possible?
I’ll take one 🙂
Best prize ever!!!
One cool prize
giveaways are not very common. Thank you for such great prize.
Another terrific giveaway, I would like to be in with a chance to win one of these. Thanks 🙂
Damn awesome RAID adapter… would probably have a hard time saturating the ports bandwidth.. but at least I can give it a try lol!
Congrats to all winners!