The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed to record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
ADATA XPG 1TB SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD RESULTS
These PCMark Vantage results are pretty decent with 6 of 8 of the tests coming in above 1GB/s, and two above 1.7GB/s.
TxBench is one of our newly discovered benchmarks that we works much the same as Crystal Diskmark, but with several other features. Advanced load benchmarking can be configured, as well as full drive information and data erasing via secure erase, enhanced secure erase, TRIM and overwriting. Simply click on the title for a free copy.
REAL WORLD FILE TRANSFER
For our Real World File Transfer Comparison of the world’s top M.2 NVMe SSDs, we have included the Samsung 970 Pro, SanDisk Extreme Pro & WD Black 1TB NVMe SSDs, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB and 250GB, Toshiba XG6, and Samsung 960 Pro, in our testing of the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe SSD. This test is conducted through the transfer of data from one spot on the test drive to another to give us the truest of transfer speed results for that device.
The true test results for the XPG are without a doubt very impressive, coming in the top 5 tested to date. Moving 30GB of videos in less than 10 seconds, as well as 30GB of videos and photographs under 20 seconds is flat-out speedy.