Global Semiconductor Alliance crowns SandForce as the start-up company with the most impact on the industry
SARATOGA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–SandForce, Inc., the pioneer of SSD (Solid State Drive) Processors that enable standard NAND Flash deployment in enterprise, client, and industrial computing applications, was crowned the prestigious Start-Up to Watch award at the annual Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) Awards Dinner Celebration held on December 9th in Santa Clara, California.
Each year the Start-Up to Watch award recipient is chosen with careful consideration of technology impact, market success, and long term viability
We are thrilled to accept this award on behalf of the entire SandForce team, whose dedication and accomplishments have resulted in the proliferation of solid state storage adoption across the industry, said Michael Raam, President and CEO of SandForce. We look forward to even greater success as we continue to enhance our DuraClass technology and release new products that expand the value proposition of solid state storage. The companys charter is to provide the industry with data storage silicon products that leverage cost-effective NAND Flash media while delivering unprecedented reliability, performance, and power efficiency — it is truly an honor to be recognized for our achievements.
Since the companys initial public launch in 2009, SandForce has made significant impact on the data storage industry including:
- Introduction of the first SSD Processors (SF-1000 Family), which enables multi-level cell (MLC)-based flash to be used reliability in Enterprise applications
- Recipient of the Most Innovative Flash Technology Award at the August 2009 Flash Memory Summit
- Appointment to the Top 50 Greentech Startups by greentechmedia.com in March 2010
- Achievement of market-wide adoption of the SF-1000 Family of SSD Processors by over forty Tier-1 enterprise, client and industrial storage drive providers and system OEMs who are shipping production SSDs in over 25 different standard and custom form factors
- Establishment of the ever-growing SandForce Driven program (23 members to date) which co-brands SSDs based on SandForce with the SSD manufacturer
- Introduction of the second generation SF-2000 Family of SSD Processors for Enterprise and Industrial applications “ the first SATA SSD controller solution to maximize the performance of the SATA III, 6 Gigabit-per-second host interface
Each year the Start-Up to Watch award recipient is chosen with careful consideration of technology impact, market success, and long term viability, said Jodi Shelton, President of GSA. We are honored to present this prestigious award to SandForce, a dynamic company on the horizon with their SSD processors enabling NAND flash media.
About GSA and the Start-up to Watch Award
GSA was established in 1994 by 40 charter members to play a more vital role with the emergence and worldwide adoption of the fabless business model. Today there are nearly 500 members in 25 countries with a 25-member board of directors. The organization is comprised of a number of councils and interest groups, and every year they meet to review the many submissions to nominate companies for a few awards given at the annual awards dinner. GSA’s Emerging Company CEO Council, venture capitalists, and select serial industry entrepreneurs selected SandForce as the “Start-Up to Watch award winner by identifying the company that has demonstrated the potential to positively change its market or the industry in general through the innovative use of semiconductor technology or a new application for semiconductor technology. The multitude of entrants had to pass the following 3 criteria followed by an interview and presentation to the nominating committee:
- Semiconductor company (Fabless or Integrated Device Manufacturers)
- Introduced the first product within the last 3.5 years
- Demonstrated initial market success with $5 million cumulative product revenue
SandForce is transforming data storage by pioneering the use of standard flash memory in enterprise, client, and industrial computing applications with its innovative SSD (Solid State Drive) Processors. By delivering unprecedented reliability, performance, and energy efficiency, SSDs based on patent-pending SandForce DuraClass technology unleash the full potential for mass-market adoption of SSDs using NAND flash memory. Founded in 2006, SandForce is funded by leading venture capital investors and first tier storage companies. For more information, visit SandForce at www.sandforce.com.
SandForce and the SandForce logo are registered trademarks, and DuraClass, DuraWrite, RAISE, SandForce Driven, and the SandForce Driven logo are trademarks of SandForce, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owner