Microsemi is announcing that its family of 12Gb/s SAS/SATA host bus adapters (HBAs) are now compatible with AMD’s EPYC™ series of processors. This applies to the Microsemi Adaptec HBA 1100, the SmartHBA 2100 and the SmartRAID 3100 series of HBAs. Data center customers utilizing AMD EPYC processors and looking for a storage adapter solution can utilize Microsemi’s full lineup of Smart Storage adapters with the confidence that they are fully compatible end-to-end solutions.
AMD is collaborating with Microsemi as part of Microsemi’s Accelerate Ecosystem, which was created to facilitate collaboration between Microsemi and leading companies in the semiconductor integrated circuit (IC), intellectual property (IP), systems, software, tools and design fields. This collaboration can integrate, test and deliver pre-validated designs and system-level solutions for end users in Microsemi’s key vertical market segments, including defense and aerospace, data center, industrial and communications. Microsemi’s Accelerate Ecosystem is designed to lessen time-to-market for end users and time-to-revenue for Microsemi and ecosystem members through technology alignment, sales acceleration and joint marketing.
According to Pete Hazen, vice president and general manager of storage solutions for Microsemi, “As AMD-based processors are increasingly being considered for next-generation server deployments in cloud data centers, extensive interoperability testing between our companies has shown our feature-rich, high-performance Smart Storage adapters to be a powerful storage solution when paired with AMD’s EPYC processors. We are pleased to work with a well-respected industry leader, as this collaboration provides data center customers with the confidence to make Microsemi their first call when looking to adopt AMD’s unique EPYC processors.”
- Adapters with up to 24 ports using 28nm SAS/SATA-optimized silicon, offering an optimal power profile for the target applications
- Support for host-managed and host-aware SMR drives
- Broad OS driver support including inbox driver support
- Performance of up to 1.7 million IOPS
- Basic RAID without compromising on the requirement for a fully featured and functional HBA, which is required for multi-path IO and SDS applications
- Mixed mode enables drives to be independently configured as raw drives or as a part of a logical volume
- True hardware RAID for RAID 0,1,10 and RAID 5
- Industry’s only basic RAID solution with more than eight ports
- Adapters with up to 24 ports using 23nm SAS/SATA-optimized silicon, offering an optimal power profile for the target applications
- Zero Maintenance Cache Protection(ZMCP) with a cache size of up to 4GB and integrated cache backup circuitry for optimal cost, thermal performance and operating efficiency
- Board options without cache backup
- maxCache 4.0 included on all adapters with up to ?2TB SSD cache
- Roadmap to maxCrypto controller-based encryption
The Microsemi HBA 1100 series board-level product lineup is available in volume production quantities today. For more information, you can view the HBA 1100 product page here, the SmartHBA 2100 product page here, and the SmartRAID 3100 product page here.