PCMARK VANTAGE X64 HDD SUITE
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
PLEXTOR M3 SATA 3 PCMARK VANTAGE RESULTS
The Plextor M3 gives us a very good showing with an overall score of 69941, capped with a 401.94 score in the HDD application loading test. This shows that the drive is very well tuned to the typical desktop user data access patterns. Part of this is going to be due to the very low access times that we have seen over the course of testing with many of the benchmarks. Low access times equal great overall response time and snappiness that can be observed by the end user in everyday tasks.
The following chart comprises the entirety of new Gen SATA 3 SSDs that we have testing and the placement was dependent strictly on the result attained in PCMark Vantage HDD Test Suite. The Plextor M3 placed in the top five of all ‘new gen’ SATA 3 SSDs that we have reviewed which says alot for both the drive and Marvell controller.