The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as Xbox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
PCMARK VANTAGE RESULTS
Our RAID combination of three Intel 750 NVMe 1.2TB SSDs resulted in a Total Score of 202399 with a high transfer speed of 1189MB/s during the Vista Startup scenario… Vista StartUp?!?! In any case, all eight tests returned great results with four exceeding 1GB/s transfer speeds.
Iometer is an I/O subsystem measurement and characterization tool for single and clustered systems. It is typical for our enterprise reviews, actually most enterprise reviews of any SSD review site, but we thought we might use it here just to see the highest we could reach. This is not steady state testing.
As we can see here, read IOPS have been pushed even higher to over 3/4 million IOPS which is more than can be expected.