You may not see this for long (and its definitely not common) but you get a freebee simply for reading! Over the last little while, we have been assisting with beta testing new benchmark software called Anvil Storage Utilities which is an absolutely amazing SSD benchmarking utility. Not only does it have a preset SSD benchmark, but also, it has included such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write and mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and utilize in our benchmark testing.
As we spoke to prior, the listed specifications of 80,000 IOPS are met, and actually exceeded when we are testing in highly compressible data. Anvil is an excellent software program as it provides system and SSD identification in addition to the complete benchmark protocol.
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
KINGFAST F3 MSATA 3.0 SSD VANTAGE TOTAL POINT SCORE
The KingFast F3 mSATA 3.0 120GB SSD completed all eight tests with a great Total Point Score of 65700 points. Six of the eight results were within the SATA 3 level and a high transfer speed of 421MB/s was reached while testing in Media Center.
Our mSATA Hierarchy Chart displays the ranking of all mSATA SSDs tested to date and utilizes ONLY PCMark Vantage Total Point scoring in positioning of SSDs.