AS SSD COPY BENCHMARK TESTING
The AS SSD Copy Benchmark is probably the closest ‘true to life’ test available in any of the synthetic benchmark tests available today. It simply takes three different files, an .ISO, a program and a game and moves these from one part of the SSD to another, monitoring the time taken to transfer and maximum transfer speed reached. For our purposes today, our charts will reflect first the time taken for the transfer, and then the maximum transfer speed. AS well, RAID and single SSD testing will be combined.
When you look closely at the identification of the above tests, you will notice the right listed as a Lite-On 256GB sample. This is actually the RAID setup where both 512GB and 256GB Plextor M6e SSDs are used, AS SSD still identifying each individually as easily confirmed through the ISO transfer speed which is above that of any single Plextor M6e. Most impressive below is the Samsung RAID result of 1284MB/s as a transfer speed with a total transfer time of 0.84sec.
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting application
PLEXTOR M6E TRANSFER SPEEDS
PLEXTOR M6E RAID TRANSFER SPEEDS