ANVIL STORAGE UTILITIES PROFESSIONAL
Anvil Storage Utilities is an absolutely amazing SSD benchmarking utility. Not only does it have a pre-set SSD benchmark, but also includes such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read/write/mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and utilize for benchmark testing.
Anvil provides some great information about system and SSD identification. The Force Series LS pulls a strong Anvil result also, and again shows some strong write speeds.
PCMARK VANTAGE X64 HDD SUITE
The SSD Review uses benchmark software PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s, to which they are given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
With a score of 54367, the Force Series LS result is rather middle-of-the-pack by today’s standards.