SSD UPGRADE AND SYSTEM MIGRATION
If there is one great success of the Google Chromebook, it has to be system migration which can be accomplished as such:
- Insert a USB or SD Card into the system with at least 4GB free space;
- Start Chrome, type “chrome://imageburner/” and press enter;
- when the migration is complete, remove the USB/SD Card and turn the system off;
- Turn it over and remove the 13 screws, including one covered by security tape;
- Once the screws are out, use a credit card to separate the plastic base from the system;
- Remove the screw retaining the SSD, slide back and up, remove and replace;
- Replace the back plate and screws, replace the USB/SD Card and press the power button.
Once the PC is restored, your system is just as you left it, with a much larger capacity SSD of course. Enjoy!
Oh… and just a word of caution that unscrewing the center screw on the base that is covered by security tape will void the system warranty of course.