FINAL THOUGHTS AND CONCLUSIONS
Once again, we have covered a great deal more than I initially expected and I hope it has been at a level that most can understand as well as being interesting. The consumer is no longer limited to just accepting pre-configured systems and, even when purchasing a system, should have an avenue to understand what purpose the storage device within serves as well as how it does what it does.
This is the Toshiba Z830 Ultrabook which is one of the top selling notebooks on the market since its release and the amazing thing is that most buyers might read that there is an SSD inside but will have no clue as to what a solid state drive is.
Understanding the different types of SSDs can, not only help you out in your understanding of such, but also, can better equip and help save a great deal of money in your final purchase decision.
In case this article has reached you through one of the many search engines, we should mention that this is the third in our series of SSD Primer articles meant to help us all along in our understand of solid state drives.
- BENEFITS OF A SOLID STATE DRIVE – AN SSD PRIMER
- SSD COMPONENTS AND MAKE UP – AN SSD PRIMER
- SSD TYPES AND FORM FACTORS – AN SSD PRIMER
- SSD ADVERTISED PERFORMANCE – AN SSD PRIMER
- SSD MIGRATION OR FRESH INSTALL – AN SSD PRIMER
- GC AND TRIM IN SSDS EXPLAINED – AN SSD PRIMER