OCZ has announced that they are releasing the Talos 2 Enterprise SSD, a server-class SSD line that uses dual-port SAS 6Gb/s interface and supports OCZ Virtualized Controller Architecture 2.0 technology.
OCZ is expanding its enterprise class devices, and utilizing their new VCA 2.0 technology is a good match. With capacities up to 1TB now available in a compact 2.5-inch form factor, Talos 2 offers increased I/O performance and scalability in enterprise storage environments.
Talos 2 leverages OCZ Virtualized Controller Architecture 2.0 technology which implements an intelligent complex command queuing structure with unique queue balancing algorithms to provide exceptional performance. Talos 2 SSDs deliver superior random transactional performance at up to 70,000 4K IOPS and features improved mixed workload (75% read; 25% write) performance with up to 42,000 8K IOPS.
A quick glance at the promising specs..
R Series at a Glance
- Premium full duplex, dual-port SAS 6Gb/s storage solution with compact 2.5″ form factor for drop-in deployment
- Cost-effective MLC-based design with best-in-class endurance & reliability
- Advanced feature-set includes power loss data protection
- Ideal for applications that benefit from increased 4K, 8K, and 16K IOPS
Mixed-Workload Power House
- Superior mixed-workload performance for increased throughput
-54,000 IOPS 4K Random (75% Read; 25% Write)
-42,000 IOPS 8K Random (75% Read; 25% Write)
- Substantially improved performance with simultaneous read and write operations
Proprietary Virtualized Controller ArchitectureTM (VCA) 2.0
- Optimizes Talos 2 for enterprise environments and mixed-workloads ensuring excellent overall performance
- Intelligent complex command queuing structure with unique queue balancing algorithms
Reliable, Longer-Lasting, & Secure
- DataWrite AssuranceTM (data preservation in case of sudden power loss)
- Data fail recovery ensures superior reliability
- Maximized product lifespan with write amplification as low as 0.2
- Intelligent block management & wear-leveling for increased endurance
- Advanced security with 256-bit AES encryption support
- Strong error correction for enhanced data integrity