ANVIL STORAGE UTILITIES PROFESSIONAL
Over the last little while, we have been assisting with beta testing new benchmark software called Anvil Storage Utilities which is an absolutely amazing SSD benchmarking utility. Not only does it have a preset SSD benchmark, but also, it has included such things as endurance testing and threaded I/O read, write and mixed tests, all of which are very simple to understand and utilize in our benchmark testing.
The key element we were looking for in Anvil testing was the IOPS which, as expected, was worlds above the listed specifications of 33,000 IOPS at 4k random aligned write disk access with a high of 74495 IOPS.
PCMARK VANTAGE X64 HDD SUITE
The SSD Review uses benchmark software called PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite to create testing scenarios that might be used in the typical user experience. There are eight tests in all and the tests performed record the speed of data movement in MB/s to which they are then given a numerical score after all of the tests are complete. The simulations are as follows:
- Windows Defender In Use
- Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
- Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
- Starting the Vista Operating System
- Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
- Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
- Cataloging a music library
- Starting applications
INTEL 330 SERIES 120GB SATA 3 SSD VANTAGE RESULTS
The Intel 330 pulled out of Vantage testing with a Total Score of 65878 points and a high transfer speed of 411MB/s while testing in Media Center which was an excellent result. In checking out it’s ranking in our SSD Hierarchy, it places just below the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 120GB SSD and just above the Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, both being premium SSDs and in top of their class for 120GB SSDs.