– have no moving parts;
– are completely silent;
– are cooler than a hard drive;
– have less total fan use;
– have less total system noise;
– provide a longer battery life;
– wont destroy your work or break if dropped;
– can start a laptop in as little as 10 seconds;
– speed up everything you do on a computer ALOT; and
– load and transition between scenes in games some times 4-5 times faster.
Ok so¦thats it in a nut shell but how do we know what ssd to get? There are price considerations, storage capacity concerns, different manufacturers, different controllers, firmware, TRIM and just exactly how do we get through all of this??? Wait….Do I have to TRIM my SSD? Do I dare ask how to do this? Is there a course available?
Lets take a breath for a sec, go grab a beverage and some chips, come on back, put our feet up and enjoy the read.