And the winners are – Craig BARTLETT (UK) and Ricardo COOPER (USA). Congratulations and thank you to all those who entered.
THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED AND WINNERS WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.
Just when we think the holiday season gift basket couldn’t get better, Adaptec (By PMC) pulls off something we thought we would never see. Up for grabs in this holiday giveaway are two of their newest Series 8 ASR-8885 12Gbps RAID Adapters, RAID Cards that are definitely going to be big buck items, however haven’t been released just yet. So…two lucky people will be the first on the planet to have in their hands the first publicly available 12Gbps RAID Adapter…before it is publicly available!
This is A GLOBAL GIVEAWAY and only those 18 years and older at the time of the entry are eligible. Residents of the Province of Quebec are not eligible and Canadian residents must complete a skill testing question to be awarded the prize should they be selected. Commercial enterprises and business entities, employed members of Essentially Tech Media Corporation (excluding volunteer Forum moderators) and PMC, as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and The SSD Review’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to a Promotion.
This giveaway is valid from 9:00am on 14 December 2013 and closes at 1:00 pm 31 December 2013. Two contest entries will be randomly drawn and person listed on that ballot contacted within 7 days. They have 36 hours to respond before their entry disqualified and another drawn. Only after all eligibility criteria is confirmed and applicable rules are complied to, will the winner be confirmed by The SSD Review. The winner will be named in this contest thread within 14 days of the contest close.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter the contest, one must post a comment below and then click on the Adaptec (By PMC) SASHD banner just above this print. Complete the e-mail with the contest Title as the subject heading and provide your real name, e-mail address, age and country of residence. The SSD Review is not responsible for e-mail that is not received as it was blocked through SPAM control mechanisms as the sender’s IP is listed within a SPAM control database. If your entry is returned, it is your responsibility to ensure it reaches our e-mail at Contests@thessdreview.com to be eligible. There is absolutely NO NECESSITY to complete any of the additional chances to win.
ADDITIONAL CHANCES TO WIN
In addition to the MANDATORY first entry rule above, a person may increase their opportunity by doing one or more of the following and e-mailing confirmation of having done so.
CHANCE 4 - Join Our Forums and comment on the Contest Thread.
If you complete any of the additional ballot entries, it is necessary that you e-mail proof of EACH additional entry (separate e-mails) to: Contests@thessdreview.com. Be sure to include the link or a screen shot as verification. If you have earned all four chances, you would have submitted four separate e-mails and this to keep drawing purposes very easy as the folded e-mails are simply being drawn from a box.
TERMS AND REGULATIONS
- SHIPPING AND RECEIPT – Shipping fees and insurance are the responsibility of the contest winner and they will be afforded the opportunity to arrange their own shipping, with insurance, prior to transport. If no alternate shipping and insurance is identified, the item will be shipped from Adaptec (By PMC) and a tracking number provided. Item loss during shipping is not the responsibility of Adaptec (By PMC) or The SSD Review.
- LIMITS OF ENTRY – Ballot opportunities may be increased through participation. Only one ballot entry may be made for each ballot method identified and more than one ballot in any of the identified methods WILL result in the person’s disqualification from this giveaway. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited.
- PRIZES – Winning a gift, prize, or other promotional item (a “Prize”) in a Promotion is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Rules. Winners will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries received post Promotion Period. The SSD Review will notify Prize winners using the contact information provided in the winning entry. Failure to claim a Prize by the time or in the manner specified in the particular Promotion will invalidate any claim to the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. The odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received by The SSD Review. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ARE NOT EXCHANGEABLE FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SSD REVIEW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- For this Promotion, 2 entries will be selected for and the drawing is a global draw. The e-mail on that entry will be notified within 7 days and, only after all rules and regulations have been verified, each will receive a Adaptec (By PMC) ASR-8885 12Gbps RAID Adapter. The Total U.S. Retail Value of the ASR-8885 is unknown at time of publishing. The Grand Prize may not be substituted for cash. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize. After the Grand Prize winner has been validated and notified and has complied with all applicable Rules, The SSD Review will post the Grand Prize winner’s name on this website.
- PUBLICITY – The winner of a Promotion agrees to allow The SSD Review to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- GENERAL TERMS – Any failure by an entrant, including any prize winner, to comply with any of the Rules or the Site’s Terms, Conditions and Privacy Information may result in disqualification from the Promotion. All entries, whether they are eligible entries or ineligible entries, are the exclusive property of The SSD Review. The SSD Review is not responsible for any typographical errors in the Rules or in any other communication surrounding a Promotion or for any technical malfunction or error relating to the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to amend or interpret the Rules at any time, upon published notice to participants on its website. Promotion participants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless The SSD Review and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability regarding the Promotion, including any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) regarding the use or misuse of any Prize, any event beyond The SSD Review’s control resulting in the disruption, cancellation, or postponement of the receipt of the Prize, or any typographical errors or technical malfunctions associated with the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it, in its sole discretion, determines (i) to be in violation of the Rules, (ii) submitted by fraud or by tampering with the entry process, or (iii) contains inaccurate or fraudulent information. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT SUCH AN ATTEMPT OCCURS, THE SSD REVIEW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.