what are you paying for auto insurance ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renovation, May 4, 2015.

1. renovation

renovation Member

we just had are insurance agent give me a figure. if I was to get coverage here in florida . im totally shocked how much more it be for the same coverage . Michigan with are 3 cars $1489.a year in florida were im at $2356 a year. and if I was in Miami ,florida he said the price would be about Double the $2356. (didn't ask for the Miami price) were needing to fine out to were its cheaper to keep are main living address . ( no points and no accidents also no claims in the last 5 years )

2. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

States that have "no-fault" auto insurance, such as Michigan, are almost always cheaper than states that don't. If Michigan had "at-fault" insurance, the rates would likely be way higher than Florida.

3. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

$800/yr for my 09 Acadia and $1000 yr each for a 05 Honda VTX 1800 and 03 VTX 1300 motorcycle. Within the next month, we can add $1900 yr for the new 15 Corvette Z06 being built next Monday. Gotta pay if you wanna play and 650HP is not cheap for the new car.

image.gen2.jpg DSC03379.JPG

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  4. renovation

renovation Member

both Michigan and florida are no-fault states . florida has way more uninsured drivers . the type who order insurance to get there plates. but forget to make anymore payments , also have crappy drivers I see them everyday when Im down here. you can be in a parking lot pulling out of your space and be 3/4 or better and they will drive right around your car . I see this everyday in florida not just in the area im living. :(

5. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Les, we will be expecting you for lunch in Erie shortly after that Vette arrives.