Two Plextor M3P's 128 gb versions

Discussion in 'SSD Benchmark Locker' started by doorules, Apr 23, 2012.

1. doorules

doorules Guest

Picked up two of these to try out. Only had them a couple of days and been very busy with work. Got a couple of runs single and R0 configured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For this one I tried a 4k stripe...

[​IMG]

2. Bill Gates

Bill Gates Guest

That looks awesome doo! You really know how to get the most from a drive thats for sure!

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

give some vantage results! I bet they are spectacular

3. Computurd

Computurd Guest

sta.. sta... sta.... STANKY! man that is beautiful. im really digging these drives, and usually its hard to get me excited about a new drive.

4. doorules

doorules Guest

Yup, really starting to like these new drives.

Comp, I am betting you have the 256 gb versions, they must be putting out wicked big numbers.

5. doorules

doorules Guest

New FW installed, two 128 gb in R0

[​IMG]

6. Igor

Igor Guest

What do you think doorules,or everybody who have to say something.Why SSDs,i mean all SSDs Crucial,Plextor,OCZ,Patriot,Corsair and even pci-e based SSDs cant break 30k reads,and when i say break I mean on numbers like 4k writes or eventually double then now they give.Even in RAID with 8 drives they didnt managed to do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
  7. Bill Gates

Bill Gates Guest

FREAKING awesome! now give us a VANTAGE

8. Computurd

Computurd Guest

yes i woiuld like to see vantage. actually i had to send the plextor away... a sad day in my life.

9. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Guest

heck dang doo, i didn't see this! i was gonna say " test on an os volume!", and dang! those drives can't do that on their own, i know. bro, you got some magic!

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

because low Q 4k is just that. passed along, 4k single Q can only be a 4k request. c300 ssds get higher 4k singles no matter the compression, as do sandforce under highly compressible data transfers. speed up the requests, and these can turn into '16', '32', '64' and beyond simultaneous requests. here, the ssds that can handle the tall requests, and a decent show at single rank and file are a safe bet re over all performers, though a low low latency in both read and write also affect the outcome: low latency/better small file transfers/possible higher sequential results = drive(s) to buy. raid adds latency, reducing single Qdepth performance. hdd can't compete any where near ssds regarding small file single /deep Qdepth performance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  10. AMD_freak

AMD_freak Guest

PlextorM3 Pro 256gb R0 not 100% tweaked yet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Bill Gates

Bill Gates Guest

nice scores really nice........ that you PC_user?

12. AMD_freak

AMD_freak Guest

yup how did you guess... the low scores...LOL

13. parsec

parsec Guest

Very nice doorules, I missed these when you posted them. Just something about those 1.0GB/s reads that warms the old heart.

14. Sequoia464

Sequoia464 Guest

Those numbers are great. Are you seeing any real world difference from your M4's? I'm looking at a couple of new drives, considering the plextors.

15. parsec

parsec Guest

I'm finally understanding why M4 and Corsair P-Pro users are clamoring for a FW update, or is this performance all attributable to the toggle NAND?

16. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Guest

fw/toggle/controller combo

17. doorules

doorules Guest

Nah, imho you won't see any difference in any new ssd on an Intel 6 gb port. They are all fast enough to be completely indistinguishable. Except benching of course where there will always be differences.

18. m.oreilly

m.oreilly Guest

i see boot and app launch/transfer differences. these v4 are bustin' my chops atm.

19. Sequoia464

Sequoia464 Guest

The V4's are the other drives that I'm considering. They look pretty impresive as well. Not in a real rush though - probably a couple of months out still before purchasing.
    I'm hoping that there are some more drives based on the new Marvell controller out by then.

20. alan1476

alan1476 Guest

AMD_freak is breaking the time barrier, along with Bill Gates and doorules, I am wondering if the new Thunderbolt series of SSDs that come in a Raid 0 in one drive can beat these numbers.