SSDs with power loss protection

Discussion in 'SSD Discussion' started by Takeshi, May 5, 2015.

1. Takeshi

Takeshi New Member

I am a fan of power loss protection for SSDs. I now have a Crucial MX100 512GB, however I am interested in buying one or two more drives with the same capacity. As Crucial has been having controller/firmware issues with the MX100, I am looking for other consumer SSDs with power loss protection. Are there any other consumer SSDs with power loss protection available? Thanks

2. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Crucial is the only available right now with power loss protection that I am aware of. Welcome to the site!

3. Takeshi

Takeshi New Member

Thanks for your quick response, Les. I was very much hoping there were more options available than just Crucial. I actually like Crucial very much, but I'm concerned that the MX100 may still be experiencing the cold boot issue, and that it may also affect the MX200 as they are extremely similar. If I were to read in the Crucial forums that the issue has been completely resolved via a firmware upgrade, I would be completely satisfied with both the MX100 and MX200.
    Now, if we could just convince Samsung to implement power loss protection in their 850 EVO line. I really am VERY impressed with the 4K random reads and writes of these SSDs. So much so that considering the current price of these SSDs it is almost enough to make me forget about power loss protection. Almost.

4. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Takeshi likes this.
  5. Takeshi

Takeshi New Member

Finally, another SSD with a form of power loss and data path protection: The Zotac Premium Edition SSD, and the specs look very nice indeed. Sean stated in the article that there is no Toolbox Utility for these SSDs, however there actually is one listed on the download page for this SSD:

https://www.zotac.com/us/files/download/by_product?p_nid=501163&driver_type=235&os=246&=View+results

I clicked on the Amazon link today (3/23/16) and found the 240GB SSD priced at $79.99 and the 480GB at an extremely low $129.99!

Crucial might as well give it up. The 200 series (in my opinion) is a big mistake.

6. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Great find!