PS3 and PS4 Pro - Planning on SSDs Inside

Discussion in 'Consoles' started by Takeshi, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Takeshi

Takeshi New Member

I am planning on replacing the HDDs with SSDs. Since consoles don't support TRIM (to my knowledge), it seems that a SSD with DuraWrite, found in LSI® SandForce® Flash Storage Processors would be the way to go.
    However, there might be similar technologies being used in other controllers which I am not aware of.
    How important is DuraWrite (or similar technologies) for this purpose? My thoughts are that it would be quite important, but I leave the decisive thoughts to those here whom are much more knowledgeable than me.
    Maybe a hybrid HDD would be more compatible, however since there is still the SSD element, possibly something like DuraWrite is still an important factor.
    Therefore, I'm asking for help in choosing a SSD for each of the consoles.
    FYI, I have a Zotac 480GB Premium SSD (reviewed at TSSDR) that has never been used. To my knowledge, this drive doesn't have any kind of DuraWrite Technology. I have thought about installing this one in the PS3, however I am concerned about the performance and longevity of the drive if it doesn't have any kind of DuraWrite technology.
    I would greatly appreciate your help in selecting SSDs for the consoles, as I can't find any SSDs with this kind of technology in them, except for the new Enterprise class Seagate Nytro 1000 SATA SSDs.

https://www.seagate.com/files/www-c...o-1351-1551-sata-ssdDS1992-1-1807US-en_US.pdf

Thanks