Paragon "Migrate OS to SSD" version 4.0 system migration software review and tutorial

Discussion in 'Software' started by renosablast, Dec 2, 2013.

1. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Watch for our upcoming review and tutorial of Paragon's latest operating system migration software -- "Migrate OS to SSD" version 4.0. Paragon's migration software is unique in that works within Windows, as opposed to Acronis, Norton, and others that boot into their own environment to migrate the drive partition(s). Very easy to use and significantly faster than other alternatives. We will post a link to the review here as soon as published.
    ParagonMigrationFeature.png

2. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Review published

We have posted our review and tutorial of the Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 migration software:

http://www.thessdreview.com/featured/paragon-migrate-os-ssd-version-4-0-review-tutorial/

Tell us your thoughts and throw any questions our way in this forum thread!

3. Mike89

Mike89 New Member

I just bought a new SSD (Crucial M500 120 GB), my first entry into SSD. I have 3 other HDDs in the system along with a 4th for backup in eSata. First HDD has 2 partitions, 1 of those at 100 GB which has my OS (Windows 7) on it. I wanted to put the OS on the SSD (and then later change that HDD back to 1 partition). I'm not one of those "re-install the OS on a regular basis" kind of guy. Not among my favorite things to do, especially the tedious part of setting everything back up to my preferences. I'd just as soon leave it the hell alone if it's working right. Anyway what I was looking for was a way to clone my existing OS over to the new SSD, eliminating the clean install, and be done with it. I'm also not a lazy guy by any means but on the other hand don't like to make things any harder than it needs to be. Among my search I came across this product from Paragon. Looked like it was written just for me. I said, "Hell yeah, this is the ticket". I bought that puppy quick (paid $20 for it, I guess that $12 price is long gone). Still a good price if it did what it claimed. The process couldn't have been any easier. Installed the program. Powered off, installed the SSD, and powered back on. Windows 7 saw it at boot up and set it up for use. I then opened the program and it scanned and found the SSD. Since the partition size was less than the SSD size, it could copy the whole partition over with nothing lost. It also has options to get rid of what you might need to if the partition was larger than the SSD. Program copied it right over and when it was done, instructed to reboot, go into BIOS and set primary boot to the SSD. Did that and system booted right into Windows from the SSD. Pretty damn nifty if I do say so myself. No muss, no fuss, bada bing, bada boom, done dude! OS solid as a rock with no issues and in my case didn't have to re-install a single program. All that was left to do was wipe the data off the partition and merge it back with the other partition (did that with Easeus Partition Manager), then go out and have dinner.

Bet damn $20 I ever spent! Wanted to share my experience as there are peeps out there who might be in a similar situation and might find it helpful.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  4. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Great post Mike and welcome aboard!

5. Mike89

Mike89 New Member

Thanks, good to finally be with the SSD crowd.

6. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Feel free to stick around and post a bit. If there is any way we can help...just hollar!