New to SSDs (and to the forum) and a bit a nooby doubt...

Discussion in 'SSD Beginners Guide and Discussion' started by Marco Tavella, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Marco Tavella

Marco Tavella New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I came here mainly because I have a little doubt. A friend of mine is going to New York in two weeks time and I asked him to get me a 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo because it is way, way cheaper than it is here, in Argentina (about half the price...). My first idea was to get it from amazon and send it to him, but that won't be possible. Knowing that, I told him to buy it at a BestBuy store, where he will go for sure. The thing is that the one they sell there says "for laptops" (I have a desktop PC) and I don't really understand why. The interface is SATA, the format is 2.5" but that can be adapted. So I really have no clue at why the "specific for laptops" is. Do you know?

Well, sorry for the long post... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  2. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

I have to ask if you intentionally joined to provide a link to a SSD that you would get the affiliate revenue from. Link deleted and please let me know if the post was genuine or you thought you might just get that link in.

3. CoreDue2046

CoreDue2046 New Member

There is no such thing for "Specific for laptops" but only if the size of SSD is fit into a notebook or Desktop. Regarding to your case, I think it would be just fine if you buy any SSD for your desktop. The only difference is probably getting a adapter for your SSD. I hope this may answer your question.