MX200: same cold boot issues and partial power-loss protection as MX100?

Discussion in 'SSD Discussion' started by TechOnNapkins, Feb 22, 2015.

1. TechOnNapkins

TechOnNapkins New Member

I haven't tried the new MX200 myself yet. Here's the thread about the MX100:

http://www.thessdreview.com/Forums/...oot-issues-recommend-staying-m500-drives.html

Same controller, same nand, different firmware. I am concerned. I can't get the M500's anymore from my supplier, so I still an affordable replacement (not touching the the 849 EVO!) Anandtech revealed that the M600/MX100/M500/M550 do NOT, in fact, have full power loss protection. See here:

AnandTech | Micron M600 (128GB, 256GB & 1TB) SSD Review

So, now I'm hearing reviews again mention full power loss protection (which, looking at the capacitors, does not seem to be the case), and no acknowledgement of the MX100 issues that may be shared.

Can you guys shed any light on the issue?

And if they fixed the disappearing drive issue... great... now they need to apply that to the MX100 (and M550 it seems)! We shouldn't have to pay extra just to get something not-broken. Ten pages in and still no fix from Crucial:

MX100 will not boot sometimes - Page 10 - Crucial Community

2. Takeshi

Takeshi New Member

There is a newer firmware for the MX100, however this may not have fixed the problem after all. If I wasn't such a huge fan of power loss protection, I would get either the BX100 or Samsung 850 EVO.