mass flooding around detroit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renovation, Aug 13, 2014.

1. renovation

renovation Member

the heavy rains yesterday around and in Detroit really messed the area up . there freeways shutdown still and water and mud standing in them today. there no word as to when they may reopen . a friend of mine spent over 7 hours trying to get home from his job. this is a normal 45 min. commute . what's majorly bad is people are finding out there not insured for flooding and have tens of thousands of dollars in damages to the homes and belongings. the city's affected do plan on asking for state and federal aid. but its to early to know if that's avail.
    here a link to some crazy pictures from a local news station - FLOODING PHOTOS: Send & view pics - WXYZ.com

the water was so deep in some areas it covered the top of a box truck. im talking like 12 to 14 feet high water.

2. ugly

ugly New Member

Yeah, I got caught up in that. I was stuck on an off-ramp for 3 hours. Eventually got re-routed and was able to get home. Seems like today (Wednesday) things were getting back to normal.

3. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Hate traffic jams!

4. KJT

KJT Diamond Members Club

Those are crazy photos. It is really interesting, in a not so nice way, how weather is wreaking havoc on the world. Stay safe and stay dry.

5. darcy

darcy Moderator Staff Member

this weather is crazy terrible : (