Its been a big weekend here for the wife and I

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renovation, Apr 20, 2015.

1. renovation

renovation Member

First off my Daughter got engaged ! she are only child and its be her first marriage and last we hope . looking to be a November bride.

2nd is my Niece has been offer a Summer Immersion Program in the Girls Who Code Program. Programs | Girls Who Code
    she will be graduating from High School this June. and hope's to go on this 7 week program this summer before she start collage.
    the glitch is the program in Boston and she /parents have to pay or her room and board.

We are very excited and proud to announce that our precious Natalie Hix has been selected as 1 of 20 girls to be taking part in the 2015 summer immersion program, “Girls Who Code”. This program will take place over an intensive 7-week period in Boston, Massachusetts. The programs emphasis is in computer science education, robotics, web design, mobile development and other innovative methodology. It will be led by the industry's top female entrepreneurs and engineers from such places as Twitter, Google, Facebook, Intel, etc.

there is A Go fund me page started by my Daughter to try and make this happen for my neice .

2. KJT

KJT Diamond Members Club

Sounds like a lot of good things happening. How exciting to receive such an honor like that. Looking forward to the updates on the information she is willing to share with you. :)

3. renovation

renovation Member

here a update as of now - a March wedding is planned - the fun started trying to fine a hall avail.( its amazing to fine how far a head there booked ) the date the couple want. they have there colors picked out. there working on who they want in the wedding party. they want a beach wedding it is Florida wedding after all. were all working on the guest list . looking like a good size wedding they need to plan for a hall that can handle about 200 -250.
    the Niece is planning her internship arranging her living arrangement's think its been made.

4. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

Lots of work planing weddings and I know that, at some point, we will be doing the same with both of our sons. Good luck!

5. KJT

KJT Diamond Members Club

I was lucky... my mother-in-law to be wanted the wedding so she got to plan and pay for it.... :) And she still loves me thirty years later... :D

6. renovation

renovation Member

true sticker shock starting to sink in . were seeing per plate prices that are lets just say . I maybe able to afford that Ford GT and pay cash. if not for the cost of feeding a bunch of people. we will not see again after the daughters wedding .