Intel Management Engine Interface Update

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SmogHog, Jul 8, 2012.

1. SmogHog

SmogHog Guest

What is the Intel MEI?

The MEI provides thermal management for Intel® Desktop Boards. The Intel® Management Engine Interface (Intel® ME Interface) is the interface between the Intel® Management Engine firmware and the host. Drivers and applications on the host that wish to interact with Intel® Management Engine through host interface would use the Intel® ME Interface host windows driver.

I recently installed v8.1.0.1191 beta updating from v8.0.0.1262

All is well.

intel drivers pour chipsets

2. SmogHog

SmogHog Guest

3. SmogHog

SmogHog Guest

4. Zaxx

Zaxx Guest

Just tried installing MEI again...same as last time, it kills my 4k writes, 4k 4QD & 32QD reads and writes...4QD is usually ~160 whilst on OS duty, after MEI installation it dropped to ~100. I read somewhere that you should use the RSTe drivers with it but it also is slower. Really don't need it if it's gonna clip me like that...pfft.

5. The Veterant

The Veterant Guest

Well sorry guys I'm going to jump in, in this thread cause I'm kind off interested. I recently seen an improvement on my Z77-v Premium board's post time.
    I explain my self, before updating my Bios MEI firmware from 8.0 ver. to 8.1 ver from ASUS web site which requires to have the most current driver on Windows install, I was noticing a decrease on the post time from a cold boot. Before was 10sec. now is 4 or 5 sec post time then the rest of the boot time process takes 27sec. on a Raid 0 setup. Since I have experience this and now that your guys have mention this, is this could be possible to this new firmware update, cause I have read in others article that this is very important on Windows 8. Have anybody with a Z77 chipset have seen a decrease time on their board post time? thanks in advance and sorry for my post if this is not related to what is just discuss in this post.