Daily Free Software Give Aways

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bad_Machine, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Darcy

Darcy Guest

let us know how it works out for you, Ham.

2. ugly

ugly Guest

3. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Great post Ugly.... I wonder if the v1.85 refers to the last group of digits, or the first? My version shows, 2.00.1700 It's either older or newer than this one, can't be sure.

I didn't want to pay $27.95 for an extended license, so I can no loner upgrade for free. I'll definitely check this out.

Desktop_2012_03_28_13_05_03_590.jpg

4. ugly

ugly Guest

I'm pretty sure it's an older version. AIDA's website advertises 2.30 as the latest version.

5. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Yupper, I just returned from their website as well, and my version is definitely newer than the one being given away. Still, it's a great deal for someone who doesn't own this software.

6. ugly

ugly Guest

Unfortunately you need to register with the Downloadcrew website. I don't particularly like having to keep track of a million different accounts.

Ham, if you're interested in upgrading, this free version does come with a 50% off coupon code to upgrade to the latest version.

7. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Thanks ug, I appreciate it, but that would still be $20.00. It just doesn't pay. The newest version includes detection and information on the Bulldozer cpu and some other features I really don't need. I'll upgrade next year when I build an IB-E system. Thanks again for thinking of me.

8. Darcy

Darcy Guest

i know you're a busy man, Ham, ~ but have you had a chance to fiddle with the AcroPano Photo Stitcher yet?

9. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Not in the field, but I have tried with a few unrelated photos, and have not been very happy with the results. I need to try with consecutive 180 degree shots made for stitching.

10. Darcy

Darcy Guest

aah, ok; thanks for the update : )

11. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Photo Objects Eraser -- $47.39 Available today for free. Desktop_2012_03_31_06_45_30_124.jpg

Here... Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Photo Objects Eraser - Photo Object Eraser is intended for image retouching or for removing unwanted objects from the photo.You may use this program ...

This app removes unwanted objects from photos, such as signs, telephone poles & wires, and other distracting objects. It's easy to use, albeit a little slow. In my opinion, $47.39 is absolutely ridiculous for this one trick pony. $19.99 would be my limit, however, free is just perfect!

Like most software of this type, the back ground with which the object is to be replaced is critical to the success of the final product. In other words, some results will be better than others.

The example below was done is just a few seconds.

The sign that was removed from the photo, needed to be replaced with several different back grounds such as green foliage, and white sand. I think the software achieved this transition rather well.

5.jpg

test.jpg

12. Bad_Machine

Bad_Machine Guest

Nice one Ham, thanks 4 the heads up

13. Bad_Machine

Bad_Machine Guest

I'm an Acronis user myself so I haven't tried it but it looks good especially for SSD novices. Here's the description:

Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0 Special Edition

The easiest OS migration to new Solid State Drives!

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Ready to upgrade to a new Solid State Drive (SSD)? Paragon’s Migrate OS to SSD is just what you need. Our handy intuitive wizard performs fast and safe Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced new data exclusion capabilities.

14. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Thanks for adding that Alex, and for your comments as well. I had intended to do that this morning, but have been busy with one thing or another all day, so I'm glad you took care of it.

15. Hameister

Hameister Guest

For those of you who don't have PhotoShop, or Paint Shop Pro, or just don't have the patience to enhance your photos, this software may be for you.

It is extremely simple to use, very fast, and fully automatic. When I compared it's results, to an identical photo that I enhanced by eye, the results were surprisingly close. I still prefer my hand tailored enhancements, but of course that's always very subjective.

Still, for a quick fix, this software works very well.

Normally selling for $24.99, it's free for today only here... Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Simply Good Pictures 1.0 - One of the best fully automatic image optimizations in the world!

Desktop_2012_04_27_08_57_16_401.jpg

16. Hameister

Hameister Guest

Here's one you'll like...

InPaint v4.3 I love it! It's available here for $19.99, BUT IS FREE, TODAY ONLY....GRAB IT! Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Inpaint 4.3 - Inpaint. Magically Remove Elements From Your Photos!

I have been using Photo Objects Eraser software to remove unwanted objects from a photo. After experimenting with InPaint, I find it is a far superior product.

Here is a perfect example. This first photo is right out of the camera.

Dsc07894_108_1100x690.JPG

This is the same photo where I tried to remove one of the Kaiaks. I used "Photo Objects Eraser". As you can see, it left lots of remnants of the removed object.
    I could completely remove the Kaiak, if I repeated the process 4 more times.

Photo Objects Eraser.jpg

Here is the same photo, after just one swipe with "InPaint". Clearly much faster, and more efficient.

InPaint.jpg

17. Sean

Sean Guest

While I'm familiar with manually editing out objects, this will certainly be a time saver if I've several photos, especially after seeing how well it did above. Installed & activated here now. :)

18. Hameister

Hameister Guest

I'm glad you got it time Sean, it's very good software, and free is always a good thing!

19. Bad_Machine

Bad_Machine Guest

Giveaway of the Day - iResizer 2.1

iResizer enables new smart ways of resizing images without deforming or cropping the content.
    iResizer scales an image without changing important visual content such as people, buildings, animals, etc.

www.giveawayoftheday.com/

20. renosablast

renosablast Guest

I saw this one this morning and grabbed it. Will come in handy with images for articles!