credit card venting ~

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by renovation, Sep 10, 2014.

1. renovation

renovation Member

last month I payed off both my capital one credit card .I payed them in full what the balance's were. this month on one of them they tried nailing me for interest of $27.00 plus .at first I started to over look it and just did a online payment .then after I submitted the payment on like I though let me just over look this statement one more time . then I called and they gave me this line . it was the interest accrued between the the time I payed . the the time the statement last month posted . after the phone call they stopped my payment and credited my account for the money they were asking .but this is bull how can they give you a due date to pay and say amount owned is **** dollars then charge you interest for the time in between statements. I did pay out a ton of cash last month clearing all my but a small min on a couple of credit cards. but those I did keep are one's I need for work or travel . waiting a couple of months and will call and cancel a bunch I have. but don't want to kill my credit rating at the moment. my understand is it will hurt your credit rating if you cancel credit cards ~
    any one know if this is true or not for sure ?

2. darcy

darcy Moderator Staff Member

a few C/C companies have done that with me, too, with the interest.

i don't know if that is true or not, ~ but you can always request a credit report and check to see that the reason stated for cancellation is that *you* canceled the card/s.