Best Mobo for RAID Samsung 950 PCIe/NVMe

Discussion in 'SSD Beginners Guide and Discussion' started by msvuze, Nov 23, 2015.

1. msvuze

msvuze New Member

Hi,

What is the best Mobo that ASRock has to offer ?
    I want to buy two Samsung 950 PCIe/NVMe and put them into a RAID (will be running Windows 10).
    I don't want to OC, I just want a stable, fast/powerful system.
    I read something about the Z97 Extreme9 that it has a PLX chip to handle direct data transmission between the M.2 SSD's and the CPU, but I don't know how easy is it to setup to boot using the two Samsung 950 PCIe/NVMe in RAID.
    I also like the Extreme11 and also the Extreme7, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, I'm not concerned with the graphics at all, so as far as I am concerned I will use two monitor inputs that already exist on the motherboard (if that will help the speed any, if not then I can add a decent video card).

2. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

You might notice that I am using the Z170 Extreme 7... love it and it has all that I could ask for.

3. msvuze

msvuze New Member

Hi, thanks for the quick reply and help.

Yea I like it too, I will go out and get it today. I was wondering (as I have never worked with RAID before) is it possible to get two Samsung 950 PCIe/NVMe and put them in RAID 0 and then in windows do a software RAID 1, is that even possible ? I want the speed of having two drives but I also must have the redundancy, how would you solve this ? also, I want to max out the ram on this motherboard and I wanted to ask you what is the best ram to go with so I can buy that today also, Thanks again.

4. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

5. msvuze

msvuze New Member