Beginners Guide Articles (Updated 12 Feb 12)

Discussion in 'SSD Beginners Guide and Discussion' started by The SSD Guy, Feb 12, 2012.

1. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

This area of the site is intended to assist those new to the SSD arena in any way that we can. This post will contain all current SSD Beginners articles that we have published and, to date, include the following:

1. BENEFITS OF A SOLID STATE DRIVE – AN SSD PRIMER
    2. SSD COMPONENTS AND MAKE UP – AN SSD PRIMER
    3. SSD TYPES AND FORM FACTORS – AN SSD PRIMER
    4. SSD ADVERTISED PERFORMANCE – AN SSD PRIMER
    If you are a beginner in the world of SSDs, this might just be an excellent time to grab a coffee and read through a few topics. At the end, trust in the fact that we are here to assist in any questions that you may have.

All The SSDs.jpg

2. fourpixel

fourpixel Guest

Thanks a whole ton for this!Really useful for beginners like me :)

3. The SSD Guy

Thank you for the comment!

4. fourpixel

fourpixel Guest

Most of my classmates is still don't know what is a Solid State Drive (SSD),All of them are still using the old fashion HDD.These would be great articles to introduce them what is a SSD :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  5. The SSD Guy

Actually I just noticed the two of the articles aren't listed above. I will have to fix that. If you look at the end of the articles, you will find two additional articles which speak to fresh installs and garbage collection.

6. sgogeta4

sgogeta4 Guest

Great articles as usual. Haven't been too active lately due to personal reasons, but I hope to get back into the game here in the forums!

7. greatgin

greatgin Guest

Thanks for the beginner's guide articles. Don't know much when it comes to SSDs'. Thumbs up!

8. dRumMzZ

dRumMzZ Guest

This is great!
    It's so... organized xD
    I never saw any topic about computer-related stuff being so well written :D
    Thanks !

9. Madalin18

Madalin18 Guest

Thank you for this topic.
    Now i understand what is a SSD .

10. amdcrankitup

amdcrankitup Guest

This is a great guide and it will come in handy because at this point there are a lot of beginners or at least those that are new to setup of an SSD drive as opposed to the traditional mechanical drive! My problem is going to be understanding the settings in the vast array of differant motherboards! I have a unused but new Gigabyte motherboard and had it for awhile in the box ! It has a vast amount of settings for ACHI IDE and Raid and I would be interested in seeing some screen shots of Bios settings to get a better idea what Im looking at on an actual set up! I had brain surgery so unfortunatly that has diminished some of my cognitive skill to think as well so Show And Tell sometimes is what I have to rely on and to me SSD,s are the replacement and cure for a weak link in anyones computer and is the way I will be going! I guess Im asking do you have some actual bios screenshots of setups to go along with the guides! The Guides and performance tweaks here are fantastic looking forward to putting them to work because Im always trying to squeeze a little more out of my build! Thanks

11. Natronis

Natronis Guest

This is such a great site because the technical information is delivered in an easy-to-read entertaining manner! So many tech sites are like reading my old text books from my college years...they still put me to sleep. Great reviews and peripheral information as well. Im new here and enjoying neew discoveries. Keep of the grea work SSD Folks!

12. xraygun

xraygun Guest

Wow very helpful. So difficult to decide on a SSD.

13. finebldr0

finebldr0 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2012
  14. MeSleepyOne

MeSleepyOne Guest

Thanks for the guide it helps me out a lot on choosing an SSD for my first gaming build

15. The SSD Guy

That's why we got the adverts up eheh...thanks. Every little bit counts!

16. Randall Ludwig

Randall Ludwig New Member

Thanks for such dedicated forum on SSD's. Great one!