Anvil PM-Write Error 5

Discussion in 'Software' started by MCS, Aug 28, 2015.

1. MCS

MCS New Member

My apologies if this has been answered already, I would love for someone to direct me to a thread that addresses this error. I have searched for half a dozen variations of this error here on the SSD Review forums and googled about a fair bit.

I have two systems I am performing endurance testing on a batch of SSDs. Both are LGA2011 SuperMicro server boards, and have historically been rock solid running vmware and Windows 7. Anvil is pretty happy performing endurance testing on two SSDs simultaneously, but when I fire up a third instance (each instance is living on the specific SSD being tested) the system is fine for a couple of minutes and then one of the three instances starts throwing "PM - Write error 5" errors. Has anyone experienced this before, or does anyone have any information regarding what causes this error?

Thanks,
    -MS

2. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Don't know about the vmware part, but are you running Anvil as admin in Windows 7? Anvil's forums note that this can eliminate some errors encountered.

MCS likes this.
  3. MCS

MCS New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am logged in to the machine as Administrator, but I didn't explicitly do a "Run As Administrator" on any of the 4 instances. I will giv ethat a shot and post an update.

4. MCS

MCS New Member

That did the trick renosablast. Thanks again for the suggestion. Starting each instance of Anvil with the "run as administrator" option rather than simply logging in as administrator and starting them, did the trick. Case closed!