Amazing Free and Easy Photo Editing Program Called FOTOR

Discussion in 'Software' started by The SSD Guy, Nov 10, 2013.

1. The SSD Guy

The SSD Guy Administrator Staff Member

I very very rarely come to rave about a software program, or even promote them much at all. I thought this was a different situation though, especially since it will help us out so much on the site and it is free. It is called FOTOR and available for Mac and Win, as well as their being no need for download as they also allow you to manipulate and enhance piks right on their site...in seconds.

The problem we had was that, especially when on the road and using laptops, piks have to be enhanced, cropped, compressed and some times touched up very quickly. Photoshop is not very quick. FOTOR is.

Here is the link:

Photo Editor | Fotor - Free Online Photo Editing & Creatives

The heart and soul of Fotor is photo editing, and as always, we provide some of the best tools available online. Using Fotor photo editor, you can resize your photos, crop them, adjust the lighting curve, rotate them, adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, and sharpness, adjust the tone and colors, or just straighten a crooked shot! But wait! That's just in the basic edits module. You can also add a photo effect, photo frame, clip art, text, or use our unique color splash, mosaic, and tilt shift tools!

2. Sean Webster

Sean Webster Das Schweebie Staff Member

i like it so far, thanks.

3. darcy

darcy Moderator Staff Member

cheers for that, Les! : )

4. Bob2701

Bob2701 Member

Thanks Les, tried it real quick and like what I see but am I missing "Red Eye" correction?? I think that is my biggest edit.

5. darcy

Picmonkey

another online photo editing program:, ~ http://www.picmonkey.com/ , ~ { though it doesn't seem to address red eye, either,, }

i do like that Fotor has the tilt/shift option, though : )

6. renosablast

renosablast Moderator Staff Member

Version 1.3.0 claims to have a "New redeye tool". Have not yet checked it out myself to see if this is true or not. Just been playing with the crop and resize functions so far.

7. darcy

{ don't resize your pics down too much, renosablast! ; ) }

8. -pk-

-pk- New Member

Interesting! It looks like it has a lot of features. I'll recommend this to a family member who was looking for more photo editing capabilities for the Surface RT.