9. DISABLE PREFETCH AND SUPERFETCH.
2: Select the file path:
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters”
3. Right click on both EnablePrefetcher and EnableSuperfetch;
4. Select modify on each of these to change the value from 1(or 3) to 0; and
10. DISABLE WINDOWS SEARCH AND SUPERFETCH.
2. Type “services.msc” and press Enter;
3. Scroll to Superfetch, right click and select Properties;
4. In the drop down menu select Disabled and select Ok;
5. Scroll down further to find Windows Search, right click and select Properties;
6. Click the Stop box then use the drop down menu to Disable select Ok.
11. ENABLE FASTER BOOT THROUGH MSCONFIG
This technique will remove the splash scree at start which will cut your boot time by 2-3 seconds. It is advised that the user not experiment with other options not described as it can have a negative effect on the OS.
2. Check the radio option for ‘No GUI Boot’
Use the start box type “msconfig”.
12. TURN OFF MULTI-BOOT SELECTION.
This should not be done if the drive is being used to boot multiple operating systems off the same OS drive.
1. Right click My Computer and select Properties;
2. Select Advanced System Settings;
3. Select the Startup and Recovery setting box; and
4. Un-check the Time to Display List of Operating System box.
13. DISABLE RECYCLE BIN.
This will assist in instant activation of trim upon delete for smaller files. By removing this feature it can seriously impend accidental deletions do not apply if you often accidentally delete incorrect files.
2. Select the SSD;
3. Select Don’t move files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted.
4. Select Apply.
14. DECREASE SHUTDOWN TIME.
This particular optimization can result in the loss of data, if not saved, as it forces any running programs to shutdown immediately rather than in their own manner.
1. Type Regedit into the Start Menu Box;
2. Select the file path: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
The last file is WaitToKillServiceTimeout.
3. Right Click and select Modify to change the value from 12000 to 1000. Restart.