While working outside ‘the world of tech’ today, a client began a conversation to tell me of his new system. He had purchased a Mac and was very happy with it so far, although a little confused with how to shut it off.
When originally ordering it, he didn’t think the ‘cost’ of an SDD vs HDD was worth it, so he opted out. He was under the impression that an SSD wasn’t as good as an HDD nor would it last as long, so therefore it wasn’t worth the higher cost.
Needless to say, I hope he is reading this and checking out our website as I had referred him to our Beginners Guide. I’m expecting him to be back in to ask about obtaining and installing an SSD soon enough. Today’s web highlight focuses on the Octane 128GB Sata 3 SSD. its review at Tweaktown.
Back in November we had our first run in with the Indilinx Everest controlled Octane from OCZ Technology. While the members of the media (and our personal notebooks) were pleased to receive the massive capacity 512GB model, most end-users longed for performance metrics from the more affordable capacity sizes. OCZ’s own specification sheet shows a 120MB/s difference between the write speed of the first unit we tested and the most affordable 128GB unit that we are looking at today.
OCZ Technology Octane 128GB Solid State Drive Review @ TweakTown
- Antec Eleven Hundred Case Review @ HardwareHeaven
- NZXT Switch 810 Case Review @ Hardware Canucks
- BitFenix Raider Mid-Tower Chassis Review @ TweakTown
- Antec P280 Super Mid Tower Case Review @ Bigbruin
- Antec Eleven Hundred PC case @ CowCotland
- Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus @ Techreaction
- Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX HTPC Case @ MissingRemote
- Silverstone Raven 3 (RV03) Full Tower Computer Chassis & Strider Gold 850 Watt Power Supply Combo Review @ Futurelooks
- Lian Li PC-U6 – the snail shell case @ au-ja
- Buying advice: Budget-Gamer PC @ ocaholic
- NFL Blitz 2012 Edition PlayStation 3 Review @ TweakTown
- Razer Blade 17.3-inch LED Gaming Laptop Initial Impressions Preview @ TweakTown
- Razer Blade Switchblade User Interface Panel Hands-on @ TweakTown
- ASUS GTX 560Ti 448 Cores DirectCU II 1280MB Video Card Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ Technic3D
- ASUS Rampage IV Formula BF3 Edition Motherboard Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Jabra Drive Bluetooth Speakerphone Review @ Tech-Reviews
- Brice from Arctic reveals all in exclusive interview @ Kitguru
- Weekly Tech Update Episode #145 – Motorala Does the Refurb FAIL @ BCCHardware