UPDATE:: Congrats to Site Member BUGLER for winning this SSD!!!!
If we told you that you could have one of the top rated solid state drives available for absolutely free, would you be interested? Its TRUE!!!!
The SSD Review and Other World Computing have teamed up to giveaway one of the fastest SSDs we have evaluated and it is free and open to all active members of The SSD Review.
This model of SSD was reviewed here and its evaluation produced amazing disk transfer highs of 279MB/s read and 267MB/s write in Atto Disk Benchmark.
This drives true ability was shown in its testing through PCMark Vantage HDD Suite where SSDs are put through a series of 8 different simulated real life user scenarios. Each scenario has a resulting disk transfer speed which, when calculated with all 8 tests, provides a HDD Suite score for easy comparison of different drives. Until only recently, we had never seen a solid state drive reach the 40 000 mark plateau. Take a look at this!
The draw will run from 17 Jan 2011 until 15 Feb 2011 and will be drawn 16 Feb 2011. The winner will receive a BRAND NEW Mercury Extreme Pro 40GB SSD from OWC and the SSD will include full warranty.
For full specifications, visit the OWC Mercury Extreme Pro product page here!! The Mercury Extreme line has received accolades from the best review sites on the net to include BenchMark Reviews, TweakTown, HotHardware, MacWorld, Maximum PC and yours truly.
1. This contest is open to all Site members worldwide.
2. In order to be eligible for the draw, one must register on The SSD Review and become an active member in the forum community between now and 15 Feb 2011. By active we dont mean that you have to submit 25 forum posts a day, however, a single post of Hi! just wont cut it. We know there is alot of expertise out there and, even for those new to SSDs, your question is probably the same held by many others.
3. This draw is open to current members who are active in the threads during the draw period. A current standing member will not be eligible if he hasnt posted to the site previously or at least once within the contest eligibility period.
4. To win the contest, the selected site member must correctly answer a skill testing question only when informed that he/she has won and the question is presented in an e-mail.
INCREASE YOUR CHANCES TO WIN!
1. Participation is key! A site member will earn their opportunity to win for being a member of the site and active within the contest period and then earn another chance for ever five active posts during the contest period thereafter. We have to give fair warning though that spam posts will result in elimination from the draw.
2. Post our contest and site on another forum or site and earn a chance for each link posted. Post the link in the contest forum and, for each link that results in traffic, the poster will earn one more ballot.
3. Are you on Facebook? Post our contest on your Facebook page and earn a ballot for simply posting us! Make sure you let us know!
4. Sponsor a new member! Introduce a new member to our forums and when they post in our contest thread and thank you for showing them the site, you earn ballots, 3 in fact for each new member!
5. Follow us on Twitter and retweet! Follow us on twitter at Twitter.com/TheSSDReview and for every five tweets you forward on to friends, you gain another entry. Ensure that you let us know your twitter name so we can give you credit and max ballots for this is 2 per week which would be 10 tweets.
6. Submit an article or review for post. We are always looking for valuable contributions on the site and this is an excellent opportunity to try your hand as a contributor. Who knows…Maybe next year you will be in CES with us? The contest is open to reviews or articles on SSD related technology and, if we elect to print one on the site side, you earn 20 ballots. The only condition is that once the article is submitted, it becomes the sole property of the SSD Review and may not published elsewhere without our permission.
7. Visit OWC and learn about the drive to be won!!! Simply click on any OWC link from our site and search until you find how much faster 4k random reads and writes are on the Mercury Extreme Pro SSD compared to a normal hard drive and SEND us the answer by pm or e-mail. Each person is entitled to 1 extra ballot on receipt of the correct answer. Posting the answer on any threads results in elimination from this draw…Sorry!
SIMPLY CLICK REGISTER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!
EDIT: If you want to know your odds, simply visit the forums at the top of this page and check the total member count at the bottom. They are pretty darn good right about now since we have less than a hundred eheh.