CONTEST CLOSED WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED HERE. CONGRATULATIONS to the winners: 1TB – K. Todd (USA); 480GB – J. Spinner (Canada); 240GB – E. Lemus Rodriguez (Spain). Don’t forget there is still time to get in on the other draws on TSSDR and Technology X.
It’s the start of a great day when we can post news of free stuff during the holiday’s and today is just that! Our friends at Crucial have been so generous as to team up with The SSD Review for a three prize giveaway, this consisting of 240, 480 and 1TB Crucial M500 SSDs. This is great news, especially when so many are still just considering SSD migration. much less hoping for a SSD of the 1TB capacity!
If you are new to SSDs, the Crucial name is one of the most respected in the business and their SSDs have a reputation for immediate and sustained performance, value and endurance. Our review of the M500 displayed performance of 535MB/s read, 453MB/s write with over 84K IOPS and the M500 stands to be our 2nd highest result in PCMark Vantage testing to date with a Total Score of over 76000 points. To add to this (just in case you don’t win this contest) Crucial M500 SSDs are unquestionably the most value driven upper tier SSD you can find as our Amazon link demonstrates.
Three random draws will occur with this giveaway. The third prize winner will be awarded a Crucial M500 240GB SSD, the second prize winner will receive a Crucial M500 480GB SSD and the Grand Prize winner will receive a Crucial M500 1TB SSD. Regardless of number of chances entered, each person can only be awarded one of the three prizes.
This is a global giveaway, eligible to those 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. Residents of the Province of Quebec are not eligible and Canadian residents must complete a skill testing question to be awarded the prize should they be selected. Commercial enterprises and business entities, employed members of Essentially Tech Media Corporation (excluding volunteer Forum Moderators), as well as their immediate family members, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and The SSD Review’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to a Promotion.
This giveaway is valid from 11:00 am on 12 December 2013 and closes at 1:00 pm 18 December 2013. Three contest entries will be randomly drawn and the people listed on those ballots contacted within 7 days. They have 36 hours to respond before their entry disqualified and another drawn. Only after all eligibility criteria is confirmed and applicable rules are complied to, will the winner be confirmed by The SSD Review. The winner will be named in this contest thread within 14 days of the contest close.
HOW TO ENTER - (EARN 3 ADDITIONAL ENTRIES BELOW)
To enter the contest, one must post a comment below and then click on the Crucial logo just above this print. Complete the e-mail by identifying the contest in the subject line and providing your real name, e-mail address, age and country of residence. The SSD Review is not responsible for e-mail that is not received as it was blocked through SPAM control mechanisms as the sender’s IP is listed within a SPAM control database. If you’re entry is returned, it is you’re responsibility to ensure it reaches our e-mail at Contests@thessdreview.com to be eligible. There is absolutely NO NECESSITY to complete any of the additional chances to win.
ADDITIONAL CHANCES TO WIN
In addition to the MANDATORY first entry rule above, a person may increase their opportunity by doing one or more of the following:
CHANCE 2 – Like Our FaceBook Page and/or FB contest POST;
CHANCE 4 – Join Our Forums and comment on the Contest Thread.
If you complete any of the additional ballot entries, it is necessary that you e-mail proof of EACH additional entry (separate e-mails), with the contest identified in the subject line, to: Contests@thessdreview.com. Be sure to include the link or a screen shot as verification. If you have earned all four chances, you would have submitted four separate e-mails and this to keep drawing purposes very easy as the folded e-mails are simply being drawn from a box.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- SHIPPING AND RECEIPT – Shipping fees and insurance are the responsibility of the contest winner and they will be afforded the opportunity to arrange their own shipping, with insurance, prior to transport. If no alternate shipping and insurance is identified, the item will be shipped from Crucial and a tracking number provided. Item loss during shipping is not the responsibility of Crucial or The SSD Review.
- LIMITS OF ENTRY – Ballot opportunities may be increased through participation. Only one ballot entry may be made for each ballot method identified and more than one ballot in any of the identified methods WILL result in the person’s disqualification from this giveaway. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited.
- PRIZES – Winning a gift, prize, or other promotional item (a “Prize”) in a Promotion is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Rules. Winners will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries received post Promotion Period. The SSD Review will notify Prize winners using the contact information provided in the winning entry. Failure to claim a Prize by the time or in the manner specified in the particular Promotion will invalidate any claim to the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. The odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received by The SSD Review. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ARE NOT EXCHANGEABLE FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SSD REVIEW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- For this Promotion, 3 entries will be selected and the e-mail on each entry notified within 7 days and, only after all rules and regulations have been verified, they will receive a 1TB Crucial M500 1TB SSD (Grand Prize), Crucial M500 480GB SSD (2nd Prize) or a Crucial M500 240GB SSD (3rd prize). Prizes may not be substituted for cash. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with receipt and/or use of their prizes. After the prize winners have been validated and notified and has complied with all applicable Rules, The SSD Review will post the their name on this website.
- PUBLICITY – The winner of a Promotion agrees to allow The SSD Review to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- GENERAL TERMS – Any failure by an entrant, including any prize winner, to comply with any of the Rules or the Site’s Terms, Conditions and Privacy Information may result in disqualification from the Promotion. All entries, whether they are eligible entries or ineligible entries, are the exclusive property of The SSD Review. The SSD Review is not responsible for any typographical errors in the Rules or in any other communication surrounding a Promotion or for any technical malfunction or error relating to the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to amend or interpret the Rules at any time, upon published notice to participants on its website. Promotion participants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless The SSD Review and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability regarding the Promotion, including any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) regarding the use or misuse of any Prize, any event beyond The SSD Review’s control resulting in the disruption, cancellation, or postponement of the receipt of the Prize, or any typographical errors or technical malfunctions associated with the Promotion. The SSD Review reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it, in its sole discretion, determines (i) to be in violation of the Rules, (ii) submitted by fraud or by tampering with the entry process, or (iii) contains inaccurate or fraudulent information. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT SUCH AN ATTEMPT OCCURS, THE SSD REVIEW RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.