Novachips Co., Ltd, an innovative producer of flash storage solutions, is announcing the Scalar-Series of solid-state drives (SSDs), representing the first 4TB SSD in a 2.5” x 7mm form factor, and the first 8TB SSD in a 2.5” x 15mm form factor. The Scalar-Series of SSDs are based on a SATA 3.1 (6Gb/s) interface, and deliver sequential read speeds of (up to) 540MB/s. Also being introduced is Novachips’ new Express-Series of SSDs, available as either a 2.5” x 15mm form factor with capacities up to 8TB, or as a Full-Height-Half-Length (FHHL) add-in card with capacities of up to 16TB. The Express-Series of SSDs is built on a PCIe Gen2.0 x 4 interface with NVMe protocol, and offer sequential read speeds of up to 1500MB/s.
Both the Scalar-Series and Express-Series of SSDs utilize a proprietary NVS3800 Novachips NAND controller based on 28nm process technology. Their innovative Hyperlink NAND (HLNAND) Flash uses the newest MLC/TLC/3D NAND flash combined with intelligent error correction code (ECC) and data randomization protocols to provide superior performance , superior data integrity, and high reliability and endurance to provide maximum scalability as well as lowered total cost of ownership (TCO).
Both the Scalar-Series and Express-Series of SSDs feature Novachips’ own Hyperlink interface technology that utilizes a serial, point-to-point, daisy-chain ring topology that can connect up to 255 HLNAND devices on a single channel. This enables maintaining maximum channel speed of up to 800MT/s in HLNAND2 regardless of the number of devices connected to the channel. Hyperlink SSD (HLSSD) is a technology that is redefining flash storage solutions via capacity, performance, efficiency and form.
- Industry-leading capacity, up to 8TB or 16TB using a single ASIC SSD controller in 2.5” and FHHL form factor, respectively
- Enhanced Power Loss Protection (PLP) to maintain data integrity and prevent data loss in the event of an unanticipated power interruption
- Full end-to-end data protection with advanced error correction routines and in-transit data protection
- Hardware-based AES-256 encryption
- Self-encrypting models compliant with TCG Opal 2.0 specification
- Chip-level RAID data protection in addition to ECC and single die failure recovery
- Power and thermal throttling with auto peak power control via monitoring of on-board temperature sensor
- 2 (SFF-8639) standard connector on the Express-Series 2.5” versions
- Superior data integrity and high reliability featuring 2-dimensional randomization and multi-level bad block management
Novachip’s Scalar-Series and Express-Series SSDs are currently available to key OEM and ODM partners, and through channel partners. Novachips will be displaying and demonstrating both the Scalar-Series and Express-Series of SSDs at Flash Memory Summit this week in Santa Clara, CA. You can visit Novachips at booth #624 -626.