BiTMICRO Networks, Inc., who have been shipping SSDs since 1999, are announcing the MAXio(TM) family of PCIe solid-state drives for the enterprise market. Featuring BiTMICRO’s proprietary Talino(TM) ASIC architecture, the MAXio E-series of SSDs offers performance and reliability, as well as huge capacity, for companies operating high-volume application workloads.
The E-series of BiTMICRO’s new MAXio SSDs also ensure data integrity via Full Data Path Protection technology, beginning the instant that data arrives at the host interface, until it has been committed to storage on the NAND flash memory chips. Usage scenarios with heavy load demands, such as video streaming and video-on-demand, online transaction processing, gaming, file servers, non-linear editing, web applications and cloud services will find the MAXio E-series to be an ideal storage solution.
BiTMICRO’s MAXio E-series of SSDs utilize a Split-ASIC arrangement to achieve an industry-leading capacity-to-IOPS ratio. Their patented Talino ASIC controller manages the flash translation layer, while utilizing additional separate ASIC(s) for flash memory expansion. This allows for error detection and correction (ECC) to be off-loaded to the additional ASIC(s), reducing latency at the flash translation layer. This also greatly enhances endurance, to up to 5 years of wear at one full drive-write per day (DWPD).
BiTMICRO’s industry-proven Talino ASIC architecture is used by strategic partners that include RunCore, one of China’s largest producers and suppliers of solid-state drives. According to Limuel Yap, Vice President of Technical and Business Development at RunCore, “BiTMICRO has developed a truly revolutionary architecture that is very high performance, but also high capacity to meet the burgeoning application demands of our customers in China and around the globe. It changes the way people think and address their enterprise storage requirements.”
MAXio E-series PCIe SSD key features:
- High Capacity — MAXio E-series SSDs incorporate a Split-ASIC architecture utilizing BiTMICRO-designed Talino ASIC and BiTMICRO FBX expansion. ASIC SSD capacities are from 1.5TB to 6TB.
- MAXio E-series SSD capacity and performance balance — The MAXio E-series PCIe SSD is designed for ideal performance in read-intensive applications. MAXio SSD’s flash controller optimizes flash, performance and scalability.
- Full Data Path Protection — Data integrity is ensured through the entire path in any interface, from the moment data arrives at the host interface until it is stored on the NAND flash chips. Protection occurs at the firmware level, with little overhead.
- Dynamic wear leveling — The usable life of MAXio SSDs, with dynamic wear leveling managing the usability of the drive’s flash chips, is up to five years.
- Easy-to-use SSD Management Tool — DriveLight(TM) management software allows users to easily change drive settings for optimal use.
Zophar Sante, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Sales at BiTMICRO, states that “For years we have proven the value of our SSD technology in high-demand military and industrial computing environments such as air and space, military systems and mobile industrial solutions. Now we are bringing this expertise to enterprise and mid-market customers. With MAXio E-series SSDs, organizations of every size can achieve faster storage performance, greater reliability and true business availability.”
BiTMICRO’s MAXio E-series of PCIe SSDs are available now in capacities from 1.5TB all the way up to a whopping 6TB, with price starting at $3.99/GB. The MAXio E-series of PCIe SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty, with an optional extension available to increase coverage to five years. You can visit BiTMICRO’s product page for the MAXio E-series of SSDs here. You can also visit BiTMICRO at the 2014 Flash Memory Summit, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California, from August 5th through 7th, at booth #727.